Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Catching Up

Due to my younger sister giving birth to her first born, and all of the supporting, non-medical duties that fell to me in the last couple of days, I am only just now getting around to blogging about Sunday's rehearsal.

Not that there is much to report. Because I missed Saturday for various appointments, by the time I got back to rehearsals for Sunday Act One was back on the agenda. And as I have said, I don't have much to do during Act One. (Though for my line, "if like a crab, you could go backward", I came up with an interesting backward looking crab-like walk which I think will be humorous. Or at least it will add to the notion that Hamlet is pretending to be crazy at that moment.

I am starting to hone in on the moments I need to be back stage. I am off stage for such long stretches that waiting back there the whole time would not be feasible. And though we don't have the audio monitor set up yet, I do want to get an idea of where in the script I can be relaxed in the back room vs. by which point I need to be getting ready to enter. One good thing about it is that I have at least one entrance which is perfectly cued by one of the actors yelling "fire!" on stage about a minute before hand. That I will hear no matter where I am, monitor or not.

This will not be a very busy week at the theatre, because the director and her family (most of which are also in the play), will be out of town for a few days. Which means I won't have rehearsal again until Friday the 24th. Hopefully I will at last be able to work on some things I haven't had a chance to run through since we blocked them.

By then the show will open in two weeks. Two. This really is going to feel like one of the fastest productions I have ever been in. More so even than a few one acts.

No comments: