Monday, January 16, 2012

Theatre Company Update

I wanted to let people know that I am still serious about this, loyal blog readers. And though I got a lot of positive response from friends so far, I have yet to secure a partner in this endeavor. I still ask you for your help and recommendations.

I will probably in the next few weeks start editing the script of Hamlet down to shorter length for performance. I will be doing that alone for now, as again I have no partner. Yet I also think perhaps having an adaptation already prepared will be advantageous as I continue to look for people who want to do this. It can always be edited again for any given production if needs be.

Then there is the matter of naming the company. I don't know what I should call it yet. I have actually had a few pretty good ideas, but web searches indicate in most cases that the name is already taken by someone, and I want to be unique. I am thinking about creating a more mundane placeholder name for the group, (which again right now is a group of one: yours truly). That way I can refer to the group, or at least the plans for the group, and perhaps start a Facebook page dedicated to same. The more I do for it myself the more I theorize people will believe I am taking it seriously.

I posted an ad on Craigslist in the volunteer and artist section. That has been up for a few days, so we will see what that yields. I may tweak it if I get no bites. I also ran into someone local on Twitter who asked me to email them with some information. I have not heard back from them yet, so I will give them a few more days and write them again.

No doubt the entire affair is still rather up in the air, and scary. Not to mention a bit nerve wracking. Having to invite other people into something when you are unsure if anybody will show up is a very daunting task for someone like me. Yet I am confident that there has to be at least one person out there for whom this is the ideal project. It's just a matter of finding them. Again, any advice on resources from any of you would be greatly appreciated. Just contact me here, or via email at tyunglebo@hotmail.com.

I will of course continue further updates as the come along, but for now, that is where the project stands.

No comments: