Thursday, April 19, 2007

God...

A friend asked me to provide “the voice of God” in a play she is directing.

This meant recording the lines onto a CD, which her tech person will be integrate into the sound plot of the play. I will not actually be present. I may go see it, if my time allows.

It was fun though. I used my computer to make the voice deep, bellowing, and even added an echo to it. Very stereotypical Voice of God. I thought of John Cleese’s pre-recorded Voice of God, as features in Spam-A-Lot. (Though honestly less goofy.)

The play is not a theological dissertation. It is a one act comedy. Nonetheless, it is the first time I have portrayed the Almighty in any given form. And I think I will have it on my resume from now on. Regardless of the situation, I think many people, when reading something, are naturally drawn to the word “God” on a printed piece of paper. I bet most directors would at least look twice at me having God as one of my characters.

And if not, it will amuse me to have it on there.

No comments: