Sunday, July 29, 2007

All in the Family

Loyal Blog Readers...

Various issues have kept me off of the blog for a while, and I hope you do forgive me. It is sometimes hard to maintain a weekly presence on the blog these days. Hopefulyl things will clearup in my life in the future to allow me to post weekly again, as I have several ideas left to post about. But until then, please accept my apologies...for my absence, and for a bit of family pride.

For today I went to see my niece in her first stage show. She is16years old, and she played Philostrate, in the Old Opera House Youth production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream."

She has done Ballet for most of her life, so she is no stranger to the stage, but this is the first non-dancing performance she has had a chance to take part in. Though the role was a small one, she showed great poise, and stage presence.

Most importantly, she had a fabulous time being in said show. She hopes that her life will allow her to try out for more shows in the future. I also wish this for her, as it is clear she has much to offer the stage in this capacity as well.

So here is to my niece, and thank you for your patience in letting me speak of her.

No comments: