Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy New Year

17 days into same. But it was a good time for a post, seeing as how I believe this is the longest I have ever gone without posting something. That includes time between shows.

I'm not making a grand New year's resolution or anything here, but I am announcing an intention to find more to post on this blog when I am not in a show. I know I have said this before, and have only partially succeeded. If you were paying for the content, I wouldn't blame you for leaving. But since it's free, I'm hoping you give me the benefit of the doubt on this one.

For starters, I hope to post some of my older, archived advice columns that I wrote for ShowbizRadio.net. After an interesting four years offering my acting expertise to that website, I have concluded my relationship with them. However, my earliest columns belong to me, so I may be posting one of them a week for a while, in hopes of them finding a new audience here on the blog. Stay tuned for that.

In actual theatre news, I am not doing anything just now, but there will be several exciting things coming up in at least the first few months of the year. You may recall I taught a few theatre workshops last year. That will be happening again later in the year. More details as the become available.

I will also be directing an as yet unselected one-act play for teenagers. Both that and the previous mentioned workshop possibility are part of the Young Actors Theater Lab, out of Shepherdstown, West Virginia. Visit their website for more information on what they are about.

You will also be hearing more and more about a one-man project for the stage I am working on for late this year. (Possibly early next year, time will tell.) Like Art from last year, it will be a fundraiser for the aforementioned YATL. Only this time, of course, it will be my own material. A Shakespeare derivative show, wherein I play both a character of my creation, and various Shakespearean characters from some of the lesser known and lesser performed plays. Much of the structure is already mapped out. Specific writing will begin within the next few weeks, and I will be keeping you loyal blog readers posted on that as well.

So, I'm back. The blog is back, and I hope you will be back as I enter what I hope to be a theater-oriented 2013. But then again, most of my years are at least somewhat theatre oriented, are they not?

No comments: