Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Black Box Arts Center and A Christmas Carol

As the house manager at the new Black Box Arts Center in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, I'm happy to announce that on the 14th of this month at 6:00PM, there will be an open house as well as a staged reading of A Christmas Carol.

The script is based on the performance script that Dickens himself used on his tours. I myself have been a part of this reading on two other occasions, and I'm looking forward to taking part in it again later this month.

Readings are fun in general; they have the fun of performance but with less commitment to rehearsal time and other such things. Readings of A Christmas Carol are particularly fun, because of the beloved status of the work. I can think of few stories better suited to gain interest in a new arts center. If you're in the area, stop by and see us. I'll be in the reading, though I don't know in what capacity just yet. But they'll be tours, and some refreshment involved as well. I'll be updating on that as we get closer to the day, for those who can't come.

I'd also like to share some videos I produced for the Black Box Facebook page. They were fun to make, and give the idea of the sort of open, fun loving atmosphere we hope to create there. Give them a look at these links:

The first video addresses a very famous authorship debate that rages through academia and theatres alike these days.

This second one exhibits the professionalism and maturity of those of us involved in the Black Box.

In both videos I am in desperate need of a haircut, which I received less than 24 hours after I filmed those clips. Schedules...

I'll be back soon to talk more about the reading. Let me know what you think of the videos!





No comments: