Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Best Policy

Rehearsal with rough tonight. I made mistakes. My co-stars made mistakes. Unknown entities made mistakes.

Nerves were exposed, and patience was in short supply.

On the bright side, I drew a semi-cool abstract picture today at rehearsal. I did it to feel more like my character before I started. (The character is an artist.)

I have zero training in drawing. So it really was literally just a by the seat of my pants thing. A cast mate liked it...said they could tell exactly what it was supposed to be. (The view of the house from the perspective of the stage where I was sitting.)

So that was cool.

And I held a violin for the first time in my life. Hard to believe some people hold anything like that for an hour at a time. One of the most unnatural positions for the human upper body to be in. I now have even more respect for those who play. And my appreciation for the lady who will actually be playing the violin music while I pretend to.

I asked said violinist to help me hold the instrument in the exact right way. I want to at least look authentic. So I will be working on that tomorrow.

It's the little things, sometimes, that help with the big things. Those little authenticites I take pride in.

One more rehearsal. I wish we had at least 5 more.

No comments: