Monday, February 09, 2015

Smooth Skating on Thursday

I only just now got around to posting an update on Thursday night's rehearsal for "The King is But a Man." It went well, though, and there is not much to report. It was the coldest night thus far in the theatre for me, however, so instead of declaring it smooth sailing, I chose "smooth skating" as the phrase most appropriate.

Heating issues aside however, the play does continue strengthen with each performance. I am in a sense glad I go in mostly on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It can be tiring experience to rehearse that play, and the cold makes it more so. Doing ti twice in three days can sometimes be quite the burden, but then I get an ample break between Thursday and Tuesday, so I have time to recover.

I have continued my efforts get a poster for the show together, which I hope to have done in the next ten days at most. I also recently wrote my actor's bio for the program. I think that covers most of everything it needs to, but I will look over it a few more times before turning it in.

There are still a few places in the show's Shakespeare plays that I stumble with. Generally they are the same places, so I may spend extra time perfecting them in the coming days. So far I have been able to self correct during the rehearsals, with one exception, wherein I had to start over. It would not be the end of the world to make such an error in this show, the way it is designed. I still want to avoid that, of course. As Richard II says, "Yet I'll hammer it out."

I haven't yet taken a full intermission between acts when I rehearse, opting for just a short break between. I may this week integrate a full length intermission, however, so I can get a sense of how much my mind and body will have to adjust to a full break. It will also give my throat some rest, which it probably needs between acts. I want everything to feel as it will during performances, (with the exception of the temperature which I hope will be higher for the show itself.)

No decision has been made on lights, per se. If they are to be the real theatre lights, I'll need someone to man them. If just the work lights, I could possibly shut them off myself after my exits.

No comments: