Saturday, January 05, 2008

First Audition of the New Year!

And the first blog post. Welcome to 2008, everyone.

As I had planned, today I auditioned for the Full Circle Theater Company's Production of "The Lion in Winter".

It went well, though, I thought more people might have been there. But I was there on the second day. I have no idea how many turned out for the first day.

I read for Geoffrey, my preferred character first, along with another actor, who I met for the first time today. He was interested in the John role, so we read a scene with those two roles a few times. (I had to be told to slow down. I think 90% of my auditions have me reading too fast at first.)

This other actor also read for King Philip, and during that time, I read for Richard.

I like the role of Richard. Deep. Lot's of good lines, as most of the characters. I could do alot with Richard, and would accept the role, if offered. However, it is no secret, either here, or to the director, that Geoffrey is my preferred role.

I am very pleased that duringthe audition I got to deliver my favorite line in the whole play. Indeed, one of my favorite lines from any play.

"I know. You know I know. I know, you know I know. We both know Henry knows. And Henry knows we know it. We're a knowledgeable family."

That line alone would make playing Geoff worth it. And I delivered it well, I dare say. The other actor was surprised I didn't trip over it.

As I was finishing up, a friend of mine came in to audition. I did not really get a chance to talk to her at the time, as I was on my way out. She later told me in an email that her audition for Alais went well. If I get in, I hope she gets in also.

We should all know soon. As usual, I can only say now that I did everything with the audition that i could have done. Maybe a few things could have been smoother here or there, but overall, I was ahead of the curve for my own expectations. All that can be done now is to wait.

You'll hear it here, as soon as I know.

No comments: