Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Defunct...

I am sad to report, loyal blog readers, that for the first time in my acting career, a production of which I was a part, has been cancelled.

I received word from our director this afternoon that The Bard's Men touring showcase that I have been talking about will not be taking place this summer. The reasons cited were "lack of actors, interest, and time."

Needless to say, this is sad news. I was quite looking forward to working again with some of the people I worked with last year, spending time with friends, traveling a bit, and of course, more than all of that, performing Shakespeare. I kind of planned most of my summer around this notion for a while now.

However, perhaps it is for the best, if those in charge felt that we wouldn't be able to make a go of it with the resources that were available to us. Better to cancel altogether before we got started, than to begin, and then realize we weren't going to make it the rest of the way through.

So, given that, I don't have any idea what my next theatrical endeavor will be. It is highly unlikley I will find anything else to do during the summer, given that most summer programs are focused on kids workshops. One ever knows, but for now, I am once again an actor without a show.

But check back regularly, nonetheless.

No comments: