Saturday, November 26, 2005

Wet Behind the Ears

I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving, if you celebrate that. Welcome to the Christmas holiday season. (If you celebrate that.)

Today was a "wet tech" cue-to-cue rehearsal. Took about 5 hours. This was due in no small part to the fact that we were operating with only about a third of the cast present. As a result, the stage manager would have to be managing her crew while also reading as many as three parts in one scene from back stage. A lot to juggle at once. But we got through it.

I was not that bothered by the rehearsal, actually. Naturally I would rather be performing than waiting for the lights to be fixed, but it has to be done. There is no sense in getting angry about it. Then again, my scenes did not require a whole lot of repetition to get the cues down, so easy for me to say, right?

I did not wear costumes today, since it was only a cue to cue. However, I now have the second suit available. (It was hemmed over the holiday.) So I should try the costume change during tomorrow's practice to see how it works. I do not anticipate it being much of a problem, as I have a slower dramatic scene, plus one other comic scene during which to change into another suit. It is the only costume change I have in the play. We will see how it goes.

Beyond this, not much to report from today.

No comments: