Thursday, July 06, 2006

Last Night

My apologies for not posting last night. I have been a bit more tired than usual in the evening.

Last night's rehearsal was our best so far. We were hitting just the right amount of levity, balanced with the more somber moments. I have mentioned that balance for this show previously in this blog. Last night we came pretty close to perfect in that regard.

It is not just for the sake of getting more potential laughs, though. The play is more fun to do, and honestly felt better paced when the three of us took on that lighter tone.

Last night I also finally got the remainder of the props taken care of. Real liquid in the glasses and all of that. No problems adjusting there. I had one semi-awkward moment when I had too much stuff in my hand, but I already know a way to correct that tonight.

With one more rehearsal tonight before we open on Friday, I am very satisfied. My cast mates seem to feel the same way. One of them mentioned last night that we are set to peak at just the right time with this show. I agree with this. One last rehearsal tonight, wherein my only note will be to repeated what we did last night. Then we will hit the ground running for Friday evening, and on into the rest of the weekend.

More tonight on how the final rehearsal goes.

No comments: