Monday, October 01, 2007

Beast

I did not make it into Beauty and the Beast at the Opera House. I thought I had done quite well at the audition, and am a bit disappointed. But in the end, this does not honestly surprise me.

The Opera House and I have sort of had a parting of the ways of late, in regards to certain attitudes and aspirations. Or perhaps it was coincidental all those years when I thought I was more in line with them. At any rate, though I obviously will not say I will never try out for an Opera House show again, (I am sure I will) they certainly feel less like home than they did back when I started this blog.

And forthose willing to cry "sour grapes", I will say that even before this audition, I had begun to feel that way. My relationship with that company had been changing for a while now. They are not looking for people like me anymore, and I will have to accept that.

So, I guess I am a bit more of a freelance now, locally. I just no longer consider the Opera House a home base of my operations.

I did want to be in a 3 weekend show, but, I was never in love with this script to begin with. It's commercial, and a bit silly. And not at all Christmasy. So, a few more reasons I suppose it is for the best.

Plus, all the more time to dedicate to All in the Timing. And to my job. So here's to those things.

1 comment:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Never say never, of course, Ty.
Your last line sounds wonderfully realistic, positive & inspiring. :)