Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Ides of March!

I was not assassinated tonight. Neither, as far as I am aware, was anyone else.

First things first. I wanted to point out some comments left on two of my recent entries; The Long Haul and Disaster Averted. They are anonymous comments, but it is someone that is in the show with me. If you are reading this, I wanted you to know that I have responded with comments of my own on those entries. Thanks for stopping by.

The next thing I should probably do is clear up the mystery behind last night's entry. Now that I feel somewhat better and less guilty about things, I suppose I can mention what happened.

One actress ends up standing on a chair during a dance number. I had it in my mind that if I could not get the dance correct, I would at least try to have as much fun as I could while making the attempt. I suppose I was having a tad too much fun, and in my selfishness bumped into the chair the actress was standing on. Or perhaps side swiped would be a more appropriate term.

A tenth of a second later or so I turned my head to the left to see said actress stumble a bit. (At least that is what I thought I was seeing at the time.) Visions of injuries and crashes and all sorts of ugly things entered my mind as I reached out and, so it would seem, stabilized her. She didn't go anywhere.

Which is more than I can say for the blood in my face at that moment. I needed to pause and collect myself. I honestly thought for that half a second I had caused serious injury to one of our leads. It was a scary moment or two for me. Even once it was over. I was being a bit of a goof.

Not that I was setting out to body check her into the sky just for the hell of it. Yet if I had been just a bit less jolly at that moment, I might have prevented it. So, mea culpa. I am just glad it worked out all right.

Enough said on that subject.

Now, for tonight's rehearsal. It was the first time we tried to run a whole act. Act one in this case. There are still some choppy waves for our ship to cross. Nonetheless I like getting to the point where we are doing whole acts in a show. No matter how rough it may be, it starts to take at least a bit of shape during those nights.

My costume is also taking shape. I tried on a Navy officer's jacket tonight. Navy blue. It fit well and looked cool. I would have tried on the pants as well, but unbeknownst to the costume manager, and unbeknownst to me until I was in the bathroom with them, the pants in question had no ass in them at all. There was nothing there. A total rip down the back of the entire article of clothing.

That was not going to work. They can be repaired though. I might try them on tomorrow.

No hat. But the time is approaching I am sure. If you would like to add your voice to the "Give the Boy a Cool Hat" campaign, send your comments my way. I'll forward them to the proper authorities.

Long entry tonight. Yet it is finally concluded. Thanks for stopping by the blog, loyal readers.

No comments: